How do I notify the IRS of my change of address?

Modified on Tue, 20 Dec 2022 at 02:18 PM

Entering a new address on your tax extension will not update your records with the IRS. To update our address change with the IRS, you can do so by filing your tax return or you can file IRS Form 8832:

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article