How do I find my Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) from last year?

Modified on Fri, 14 Apr 2023 at 01:19 PM

You will need to setup a PIN to make an electronic payment to the IRS and know your previous year Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) to make a payment to the IRS for taxes owed for the current tax return/extension due. To find your AGI, follow the steps below:

1. Locate your prior year’s tax return’s AGI “adjusted gross income”.

2. Use the AGI to create a PIN to submit payment to the IRS.

3. If you can’t locate your previous year's tax return, contact the IRS (800-908-9946) to request a copy of your prior year's tax return transcript showing your AGI (this could take 5-10 business days to receive in the mail).

4. If you can’t locate your previous year’s AGI, you can change your payment method to "check payment" (this eliminates the need for a PIN/AGI).

5. Put a check in the mail to the IRS. Be sure to write your “SSN” and “form 4868” on the check memo.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article