How do I obtain prior year's tax return transcripts?

Modified on Tue, 20 Dec, 2022 at 2:18 PM

You can request a transcript of prior years tax returns directly from the IRS:

  • Order by phone: (800) 908-9946.
  • Order online
  • Order by mail.  Complete and send either Form 4506-T or Form 4506T-EZ to the IRS to get one by mail. Use Form 4506-T to request other tax records: tax account transcript, record of account, wage and income and verification of non-filing. 

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select at least one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article