Use SSN when filing a Single Member LLC Return or Extension

Modified on Tue, 20 Dec 2022 at 02:18 PM

Single-member LLC tax returns are filed using Schedule C with the individuals tax return or extension (via form 4868).  The profit and loss of a single member LLC flows through the individuals tax return, therefore, you will use your SSN (not EIN) when filing a single member LLC tax return or extension.


If you have a Single Member LLC, there is no separate business tax return or extension necessary to file, even if you have a separate EIN for your business.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article