What if I missed the deadline to file a personal tax extension?

Modified on Thu, 13 Apr 2023 at 09:55 PM

  • Penalties and interest only accrue on unfilled tax returns if any taxes owed are not paid by the filing deadline, April 18, 2023. 
  • If you owe taxes and did not file a tax extension, you should file a return as soon as possible.  If you owe any taxes, pay as much as possible to reduce penalties and interest. 

If you are looking for a Tax Professional to complete your tax return or a DIY Service to do your taxes yourself, we can help.  We have a talented team of CPAs and EA’s to complete your tax return for you as well as a simple and easy to use DIY Service.

Go to:  
EasyTaxReturns.com, "Sign In" (using the same email and password you used for your tax extension account) and choose the Tax Pro or DIY option to begin the process.

For a Tax Pro, complete the brief questionnaire about your tax situation, pay the deposit and you will be connected with a Tax Professional to complete your return.

For our DIY Service, follow the instructions for entering your information and completing your tax return.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article