How do I change package types I

Modified on Sat, 20 Jan 2024 at 08:46 PM

We offer a FREE "print and mail" individual federal tax extension (form 4868) at


After entering and confirming your taxpayer information, you will be given a choice of extension packages:

1) Free - "Print and Mail" federal extension,

2) eFile Premium - an eFiled federal extension with instant notification of IRS approval,

3) eFile Professional - an eFiled federal extension, "Print and Mail" state extension along with reserving a tax professional to prepare your tax return.

Once you select a package you will advance to complete the extension 

Once you've chosen either the Free Print and Mail package or have upgraded to a paid package, advance to the payment screen to pay for the upgraded package you've chosen.

 If you'd like to change the package type, hit the back button until you are on the "review your information" page, then click on "confirm" and chose the appropriate package.


Note:  If you chose the FREE - "Print and Mail" federal extension, you will need to log back into your account, print the extension form and mail it using the instructions provided on the form.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article