How to get a business tax extension?

Modified on Mon, 03 Apr 2023 at 01:51 AM

You can eFile a business tax extension, using form 7004 on our site. You will receive notification within minutes that the extension was received and approved by the IRS. The approved business extension gives you an additional 6 months to gather, prepare and file your taxes with the IRS. 

Note - The IRS emphasizes that a request for an extension provides extra time to file a tax return, but not extra time to pay any taxes owed. Payments are still due by the original deadline.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article